Information we may collect from you
Security and where we store your personal data
Uses made of your personal data
List of services
Disclosure of your information
State “EU” or alternatively state jurisdiction to
which the Data is transferred
|Mailchimp||USA – Certified Privacy Shield Framework|
|Elavon||EU – compliant (Section 17 Data Protection)|
|Alkimii||USA – AWS (EU-approved Data Processing Addendum and Model Clauses)|
|Connacht Hospitality Group consisting of:|
|The Residence Hotel||EU|
|Connacht Taverns Ltd||EU|
|The Connacht Hotel||EU|
Links to other sites
The address for the purposes of GDPR is
Changes to this policy
- Address for the Hotel: Forster Street
- Company Name: Hyde Hotel
- VAT Number:
- Contact Phone No. / Email Address: +353 91 564111 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal Information for the Hosting Company
- Name of Hosting Company: Automatic Netware Limited, trading as Bookassist
- Company Number: IE312796
- Registered Address: 1st Floor South Block, Rockfield Central, Dublin D16 R6V0, Ireland
- Contact Phone No. / Email Address: +353 1 676 2913 / email@example.com
- Website: www.bookassist.org
The privacy and confidentiality of user information is important. We are committed to maintaining the privacy and security of your user information. We may update this policy from time to time, so please check here frequently. The Hotel will not disclose identifiable user information to any third party without consent.
What information is collected about you? How do we use it?
We take the utmost care to ensure that the personal information we obtain from you is not used in a way that you may be unaware of or not agreeable to. You may wish to submit an information request about our Hotel, participate in one of our promotions or subscribe to our e-mail or postal mail lists. In response, we may ask for information such as your name, email address, postal address and/or phone number.
In the event you opt to provide us with this information, we will only use it for the purpose specified. Information collected on the Site may be used to: enter your email in our promotions, send marketing communications or surveys to you, respond to your questions or suggestions, improve the quality of your visit to our site. You can opt-out of any communication by emailing the Hotel at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you decide to make an online reservation at the Site, you will be linked to a reservation interface and a Booking Engine provided by our booking management system partner, Bookassist. We understand that security remains the primary concern of online consumers and have chosen our Booking Engine partner carefully.
All information sent to this site, if in an SSL session, is encrypted and protected against disclosure to third parties. Bookassist are certified as compliant with PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards).
Protecting your information
We want to ensure that visitors to our Site feel confident about using the Site to plan and book their accommodation. The Hotel is committed to protecting the information we collect. The Hotel has implemented a security program to keep information that is stored in our systems protected from unauthorized access. Our Site is hosted in a secure environment. The Site servers/systems are configured with data encryption, scrambling, technologies, and industry-standard firewalls. When you enter personal information during the reservation process, or during a customer email sign-up, your data is protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure safe transmission.
Children's Privacy & Parental Consent
Links Provided To Other Sites
Contacting the Hotel
This Security, Privacy and Cookies Policy applies to our Hotel's Website.
Our Hotel has engaged Bookassist to provide their Booking Engine service to us.
Thawte Security Certificate
Bookassist is verified as a service provider through the Thawte Certification Authority. Follow this link to learn more:
Credit Card Security
The credit card details page of Bookassist is protected by powerful Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology. SSL encrypts your name, credit card number and expiry date before they travel over the Internet. This makes doing business over the Internet as secure as purchasing by telephone. This ensures that your credit card details will remain completely confidential while in transit. SSL safe connection and secure transaction technology has effectively protected millions of Bookassist customers who have transmitted their credit card numbers online and made a purchase since Bookassist launched its online services in 1999.
Additionally, credit card usage is verified directly through a live secure connection with the banking system at time of debiting. This ensures that known stolen cards cannot be used and fraudulent transactions are minimised for consumer and hotel benefit.
Online reservations and voucher purchase:
- In order to carry out the reservation process and online voucher purchase we require all the information marked with the asterisk including your name, address, phone number, email address, recipient name (if voucher purchase) and the credit card details that shall be used to pay for the accommodation or voucher. We will collect any other data you may choose to provide, which may include special categories of personal data such as dietary requirements.
- During the online reservation process, we will ask whether you consent to your contact details being used in the future by the accommodation provider other than in direct connection with your reservation, for example for special offers or other communications from the accommodation provider.
- Such data is collected and processed based on our contractual obligation to perform the online reservation or voucher purchase.
Online reservations and voucher purchase:
- To complete or support the online reservation process or online voucher purchase process.
- Bookassist will not contact you other than in direct connection with your reservation or voucher purchase.
- If you do not wish to provide data that is required for the online reservation process or online voucher purchase process as symbolised by the asterisk then you will not be able to proceed with the process and we advise that you contact the accommodation provider directly.
- If you do not wish to provide data during the online reservation process or online voucher purchase process that is not required, i.e. that does not have an asterisk beside it, then you may choose to not provide such information and this shall not impact upon the process.
- Bookassist, its parent company, its branches and its subsidiary companies.
- We use third parties to aid with data storage and back-up.
- For any email communications, including to our clients or to our newsletter subscribers, we use third parties to aid with email administration and tracking.
- If data needs to be transferred outside the EU, Bookassist shall ensure the appropriate data protection and security measures are in place.
- Certain third parties have access to your Cookies, see our Cookies Policy below for further details. Such third parties may store and process such data outside of the EU.
- Legal authorities where obligated to do so.
Yes, Bookassist has secure storage systems and processes in place.
- You have the right to request access to all data Bookassist holds concerning you.
- You have the right to request rectification of any data Bookassist holds concerning you.
- You have the right to request the erasure of any data concerning you; please note that the erasure of certain data may impact on the provision of our services.
- You have the right to data portability; this means that you can request for your data to be provided in a suitable format.
- Where consent is obtained in order to collect and process certain aspects of your data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, for example, you may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the email.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority.
- Online reservations and voucher purchase:Your credit card information shall be retained for no longer than one month from your departure from the accommodation provider.
- Your personal data, other than your credit card information, gathered via the reservation process, including your name, address, email address and phone number shall be retained for no longer than 12 months from your departure from the accommodation provider. Your booking reference number, in isolation from any other personal data, shall be retained indefinitely for statistical purposes.
- Your personal data, other than your credit card information, gathered via online voucher purchase shall be retained for no longer than 12 months after the voucher expiry.
- We shall retain aggregated anonymised data indefinitely for statistical and administrative purposes.
3. Cookies Policy
- Bookassist session cookie is a Strictly Necessary cookie, it’s essential for the service, it maintains the user session. It’s controlled by Bookassist; it expires with the session.
- Bookassist conversion tracking cookie is a Performance cookie, it’s essential for the service, it tracks conversion statistics. It’s controlled by Bookassist; it expires in 1 year.
- Bookassist booking reference cookie is a Functional cookie, it’s not essential for the service, it saves user preferences. It’s controlled/accessed by Bookassist and the hotel; it expires in 1 year.
- Bookassist cookies policy cookie is a Functional cookie, it’s essential for the service, it’s used to show cookies policy on first visit. It’s controlled by Bookassist; it expires in 1 year.
- Bookassist home popup and abandon popup cookies are Functional cookies, essential for the service, used to collect information about popups. They are controlled by Bookassist; they expire with the session.
- Bookassist cms cookie is a Functional cookie, it’s essential for the service, it maintains session in hotel’s website and maintains user preferences such as language. It’s controlled by Bookassist; it expires in 1 year.
- Bookassist newcms cookie is a Functional cookie, it’s essential for the service, it saves user preferences. It’s controlled by Bookassist; it expires with the session.
Google Cookies are Third Party cookies controlled by Google, and can be accessed by Bookassist and the hotel. For information about Google cookies, see: https://policies.google.com/technologies/cookies
- Google Analytics is a Third-Party Performance cookie, it’s essential for the service, it’s used to collect information on how the website is used. See more information about Google Analytics here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage?hl=en
- Google Remarketing is a Third-Party Advertising or Tailored Advertising cookie, it’s not essential for the service, it’s used to deliver advertising relevant to your interests.
- Google Adwords is a Third-Party Performance cookie, it’s not essential for the service, it’s used to collect statistical information about use and conversion.
- Facebook, Twitter and Google+ are all Third-Party cookies, not essential for the service, used for Social Media sharing. They are controlled by those third parties.
- Vimeo and Youtube are Third Party cookies used to provide video, not essential for the service. They are controlled by those third parties.
Bookassist controls access to cookie-related information and we provide access to authorised third parties including but not limited to Google Analytics.